Sunday, March 16, 2014

GF Pound Cake with Balsamic Strawberries

Amazing! Divine!  Perfect!  Okay, enough about me :)  Now, that you have laughed really hard, if you have ever read any of my posts you know that I traditionally don't bake.  I am scared of it.  In the past I have tried and tried again, but even before I found out I had Celiac, baking was not something I was particularly good out, unless it was something I had been doing since I was a kid.

So, when I get the wild hair and decide it is time yet again, to waste expensive ingredients and try, I pray the end result is actually edible.  In this case.... WOW!  BOOM!! POW!!!  I DID IT!!!

Total Disclaimer:  This is not my recipe.  I found the cake recipe on Pinterest.  I will include the information from the webpage and the link also.  The only think I did to make it my own was to serve with Balsamic Strawberries.

Link:  http://glutenfreeeasily.com/perfect-pound-cake/


Author: 
 
Ingredients
  • 2 ¼ cups gluten-free flour **
  • 1 ½ tsp xanthan gum**
  • 1 ¼ tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ¾ cup light olive oil
  • 1 ½ cups sugar
  • 2 tbsp orange juice
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 3 large eggs
  • ⅔ cup full-fat coconut milk 
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. (Update: Reader Wendy lives at a higher altitude—6600 ft—and she adjusted oven temperature to 375 degrees, per her comment below.) Grease two loaf pans or grease and flour (use gluten-free flour) a Bundt pan.
  2. Combine flour, xanthan gum, sea salt, and baking powder in an extra large measuring cup or separate bowl. Set aside.
  3. Pour olive oil into large bowl, and slowly mix in sugar, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
  4. Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition.
  5. Add milk. Mix 2 minutes. Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing well.
  6. Pour batter into loaf pans or Bundt pan.
  7. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes.
  8. If using a Bundt pan let set for 10 minutes before flipping to cool.  
** I used Authentic Foods Baking Mix with Xantham Gum included.  This means I left out the additional Xantham Gum. **

Balsamic Strawberries

1 lb Container Strawberries - washed, hulled and sliced
1/4 c 18 year Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Coconut Sugar

Add all ingredients to a bowl, stir to combine and cover and refrigerate until just before serving.  


No comments:

Post a Comment