Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fresh Fruit Water

If you are anything like me, you could probably drink more water.  It would be better for you and you would probably feel much better!  I have realized, especially during the winter, when the temperature is sub zero, my skin and my body feels even drier.  But I don't want to drink water.  I want to drink anything but water.  After willing spring to get here, and buying some fruit that wasn't necessarily as sweet as I would have wanted (and seeing all types of pictures on Pinterest) I created all types of flavored waters on my own!  I drank all of them and more this week!  It was a total hit and became quite the joke at my office with all the trips I made to the fridge to refill my cup :)

I recycled glass pasta sauce jars that are 24 oz each.  I made 5 jars and 1 plastic pitcher that I used in the morning and the evenings when I was home. 

2 strawberries - thinly slices
4 fresh mint leaves
1 orange - rinsed and sliced with skin on
1 lemon - rinsed and sliced with skin on
2 limes - rinsed and sliced with skin on
2 pieces of pineapple
Filtered Water

Jar #1 - Strawberries and Mint
Jar #2 - 2 slices Orange
Jar #3 - 1 Lime
Jar #4 - Pineapple
Jar #5 - 2 slices Orange and Lemon
Pitcher - Rest of Citrus


I used my Brita to fill each jar and the pitcher with filtered water.  Since the jars are 24 oz, you are already getting a head start of water.  I refilled each of the jars 2X a day and they lasted in the refrigerator 3-4 days.  I don't know if they would last longer but I drank them that quickly. 

** I use Organic Produce when I am going to use the skin or when I purchase it the grocery store.  I try to support the local farmers markets but in the winter that brings me mostly potatoes :) **

Share & Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment